adventures in college

After graduating high school, I grabed my diploma, swore off formal education and and ran as fast as I could. However a year and a half later I have turned into what I swore I never would-a college girl. This experience has been so strange and crazy that I decided to document it. This is about being a minimum wage slave to pay the rent, finals, parties, meeting strange people, roomates and cheap food.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I love holidays. I love celebrating things. I love dressing up, buying presents, going out with friends and a holiday is the perfect excuse to do all of the above. Valentines day though...I don't know if it is because it's making me think about my ex or if it's just thinking about the lack of boyfriend in general...but I will be very glad once tomorrow is over. I hate that a stupid corporate holiday is making me feel this way. So instead of letting it bring me down, I am planning a great day celebrating myself by:
-Buying myself gifts-shoes, lip gloss, jewelry and of course chocolate
-A long bubble bath and a trashy novel
-drinking champagne and watching The Notebook

In theory this should be a great day. One spent celebrating the fact that I am becoming comfortable with myself and someday I will be able to love someone. However, I realize the potential dangers of celebrating V-day alone. What starts as a celebration of myself could quickly landslide into an evening of self pity drowning in alchol and chocolate. In case of this I know of a few parties that I can go to in case I start to get sad/lonely or any other variety of pathetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home