adventures in college

After graduating high school, I grabed my diploma, swore off formal education and and ran as fast as I could. However a year and a half later I have turned into what I swore I never would-a college girl. This experience has been so strange and crazy that I decided to document it. This is about being a minimum wage slave to pay the rent, finals, parties, meeting strange people, roomates and cheap food.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Summer

While fall usually leaves me bored, and winter is just plain to god damn cold, Summer gives me an extra little care free edge. I love the summer (as I'm sure everyone who is perusing a formal education does). Their is such a good vive among everyone right now, a sort of anything can happen energy. No one has class right now and we all work as members of the minimum wage work force. Aside from paying rent the responsibility is zero and the possibilities are endless. I have a feeling the second fall semester rolls around this lovely, happy, carefree feeling will be squashed quicker then you can say splat. I suppose though unless you are Paris Hilton you are not meant to lead a life bouncing around without a second thought.
Here are my favorite summer things so far
  • Slurpies!
  • Late nights
  • Frozen Margaritas
  • Skirts
  • Reading at the beach
  • Shopping
  • Picking flowers
  • Slip and slide parties
  • Board games
  • Driving with the windows down
  • Thunderstorms
  • Bubbles
  • Sleeping all day
  • Meeting new people
  • 90s boy band (Backstreet boys, nsync etc)

However, with all these great fun carefree activities, I seem to have lost all motivation to do anything. The house needs to be cleaned, I have no groceries, my horse needs some extra TLC, I should get another job. I feel pretty confident all that will still be their to do tomorrow though, so for now I'm off to drink Pina collates and read a book on the beach.

Cheers to summer!

CG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home